Re: [LUG] Suse Pro and Pro Upgrade

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:49:14 -0000, "Paul Sutton" <psutton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>What exactly is the difference between the Suse Pro 7.3 package and the
>upgrade, (see suse website) apart from the price (the upgrade being about
>the same price as the personal edition).
>
>Is the upgrade only available to people who have bought the professional
>version e.g 7.2.?
>
>thanks for any info
>
>Paul

as far as i know it is the full set of software - it used to have
simpler, smaller  manuals, my 7.2 set were still an inch thick ! but
is only available to previous owners.

i am on a subscription which means it costs me about 30 quid a shot
for the pro version. but i   noticed there was a story on 'linux
today' site about someone who had problem with 'upgrade' install, as
opposed to fresh install. i will make sure i have full backup of
system before i try this !

best regards
dave morgan

--