RE: [LUG] Dual-boot Windows 2000

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Neil Stone wrote:

> This is _fairly_ simple, I managed to do it by reading the NT-BOOTLOADER
> HOWTO ! just means using dd to strip the first 512 bytes from the boot drive
> and dumping it to a file best I remember !!!

This method is fine, but if you are using lilo (and maybe grub, I don't
know) inbetween the ntldr and linux, you need to re-create the boot block
file or you probably won't be able to boot your system.

I prefer the other solution of using lilo/grub to boot linux/ntldr, much
easier to maintain imo.

Alex.