Re: [LUG] Dual-boot Windows 2000

Neil Williams wrote:

> Forwarded from a pharmacist list:
>

> Has anyone got any experience of installing Linux as a 2nd
> OS on a machine running Win2000? Do they co-exist quite happily? Does
> fdisk /mbr still work if I chicken out?
> <<
>
> Anyone used Windws 2000 dual boot?

Briefly yes, before I scrubbed Win 2000 - it was a trial
version.

It dual boots fine with Linux, to be honest whilst most
Microsoft products remain superbly ignorant of other OSes
installed, they mostly play nice, dual boot problems are
overrated IMHO.

Backing up the MBR (as well as everything else) is worth it if
your at all uncertain what your doing (or have irreplacable user
data) - I think the Linux HOWTO's and possibly the "parted"
documentation discuss how to backup the MBR.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768