[LUG] Linux partitions

Is there any way of merging two adjacent Linux partitions?

I have a server that used to be dual-boot, until I wiped Windoze (!!) and
formatted the once FAT partition in ext2. That now holds the /home directory
but there is a lot of space that could be better used if the drive was back
to one single partition (with the swap space still).

I say adjacent, but Linux lists these partitions as hda1 and hda5 because of
previous partitioning problems. Will that affect it? (Swap space is hda6)

--

Neil Williams