Re: [LUG] ISPs

Paul Weaver wrote:

> >===== Original Message From Jon Still <jon@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
> >Quick question - does anyone know of any free ISPs in the UK that offer a
> >standard dialup number - i.e. NOT an 0845 number or some kind of
> >FRIACO-based access.
>
> They dont exist (the free standard isp's). They get their money as an 0845 is
> not routed via BT, but by their partner. Or something.

Nah I think he means free as in no monthly subscription, not
free as in free calls.

0845 and 0844 numbers aren't available from abroad, which is why
Demon provided a London number for International direct dial.

Afraid I'm not aware of my other ISP (uklinux) having one. For
more than occaisonal use it might be worth signing up while
abroad given the cost of calls, if that is why he asking.