Re: [LUG] Kylix oe download

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Chris Edwards wrote:

> I could get a friend to try using his isdn line and microsoft, but I am not
> sure whether this will work due to big/little endian differences.

Eh? are you trying to run it on a Sun or something?
Endianess is to do with the hardware, not the operating system.

If you're using Linux on an intel box, then it will be little endian,
where as motorola and sparc processors are big endian.

Unless you're programming, you can probably saflay ignore endians.

Alex