[LUG] autoconf guru down here....

About to try repackaging up GNU chess to get the standard;

"./configure ; make"

build behaviour. I want all the usual targets for making
distributions, and cleaning up to maintainer standards.....

I'm still reading the manual pages, but if anyone has any
experience of autoconf and automake please shout.

The package builds okay now, but "make install" only works on
Windows. The various scattered files suggests someone did this
once before, but I have no Makefile.am file.

I'm thinking now - create a new chess directory using the
"acmkdir" stuff, and then copy many of the existing files in.
The manual does a "hello world" program, but I have
subdirectories, and libraries (one - grr) to handle.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768