Re: [LUG] hardware supplier / off topic

mick wrote:

> Does anybody know where I could get, inexpensive, in Exeter area.
> memory for some sort of unisys 486
> pcmcia network cards ?

I use DABS online last time I got Laptop memory. New memory is
unlikely to be economic unless they take standard soDIMM's which
I doubt greatly at that age.

I used DABS for a PCMCIA network card as well, but cheaper ones
are around though (Lindy do some), but I wanted to be sure it
was 10/100Mbps and worked with Linux so I brought a well known
card.

For the memory have you identified a part number? There are some
good sites on the web for matching Laptop models to memory types
if you've lost the manual.