RE: UNIX advert (was [LUG] the met office)

	* File Handling
	* IPC with PIPEs/shared memory etc
	* Network Comms with Sockets etc

Agreed; sometimes, they AREN'T looking for the complicated stuff. They just
want to know if you've heard of it, and can cope with cron tasks,
networking, maybe user account management...

Simon
ex- system manager of large HP-UX network, and application software
[1,000,000 lines in 5 subsystems: UX + VME bus]