Re: [LUG] Web Hosting?

Colin Ford wrote:

> I'm looking for a decent place to host some web pages.
> I would like the server to support PHP and mysql. Can
> anyone suggest a good place?

uklinux.net offer a basic free service, and cheap paid service.

They are good value, not the speediest service if you need
manual intervention, but they know a bit about Linux.

I think they offer PHP and mysql - I only did some PERL stuff
and static pages - web pages are not my scene. The PERL was just
to replace a front page extension a mate had used in his pages.

You may need to clock up an hour a month as an ISP customer on
the free service, my mate paid 50 quid (He wanted them to hold
his DNS domain and other features of the £50 option), and just
got on with it.

I think their prices rose last month.

If you need something more comprehensive I'm sure I can look at
the list of companies I'm a reseller for *8-)

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768