Re: [LUG] Mandrake 8, kernel 2.4 errors

Neil Williams wrote:

> net.ipv4.ip_always_defrag unknown key
> FAILED.
>
> Is this due to the presence of Mandrake 7.2 running ipchains before the
> upgrade to 8.0 (which has not had iptables activated yet)?

I really ought to know this one but I'm not 100% up with kernel
2.4 yet.

The following netfilter doc suggests that ip_always_defrag is
obseleted by netfilter (The ipchains replacement).

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jns/security/iptables/

I think you usually see the error with 2.2 kernels when you
don't have ip masquerading in the kernels.