Re: [LUG] Re: Dial on Demand

On Friday 21 September 2001  9:01 am, you wrote:
> It should be a matter or adding something like "demand idle 300" or just
> "idle 300" to the ppp command line.

Once this is set as a cron task, how do I force a disconnect? (e.g. if I need
to use the phone or simply don't want to wait for the idle time to expire?)

I tried shutdown -h now (I was desperate - it was 1am!) and the firewall was
shut down before the ppp task!!

Is it possible to stop the current connection without killing the cron task
itself? - if I want to be able to reconnect later without restarting.

--

Neil Williams