RE: [LUG] Kylix books

>               Does anyone know of any books on Kylix: Open
> Edition ? Megabyte computer bookshop (exeter) can only find
> one but this doesn't seem to be for the open edition and
> deals with power applications !!

As Kylix is based on Delphi, except it uses the QT toolkit (I think),
perhaps a good start woudl be to get a Delphi in 24 hours type book out from
the library and use the online help, that comes with Kylix.

I've had a fair amount of dealings with Delphi, and from my small dealings
with Kylix Open Edition, it has most of the languages features there and the
basic widgets, but what is missing mostly is the fancy widgets, and the DB
stuff.  The full version of Kylix has a lot of the extras.

Pete Hatton