Re: [LUG] SuSE && Dial on Demand

Alex Charrett wrote:

> The OS of the client should make no difference to it, as its all based on
> ip traffic.

Yeap - other than the usual proviso that Windows boxes are
rather chatty on the old NetBIOS ports.

Of course anyone allowing any NetBIOS traffic in or out of the
Internet;
	...will be toast sooner or later
	...deserves all they get
	...etc etc...
Kill all traffic to/from ports 137, 138, 139 (and some others on
some systems as well which I forget, try nmap'ing your internal
networks to see what is listening).

Oh look another IIS worm today...
Perhaps I can sue incompetent NT administratrors to reclaim the
cost of my lost bandwidth......

Dial on Demand is easy, but BT Anytime is more fun *80)

	Simon