[LUG] PPP config

I've got as far as getting a PPP script to start a connection to my ISP but
it fails somewhere around the point where the KPPP script logs onto the
network.

Is there any way of finding out exactly what KPPP does? (In order to create a
duplicate script?)

The reason is that I want to be able to launch the PPP script from other
machines on the network without having to log in to the machine with the
modem. KPPP complains about not having an X server when I try to start it via
telnet.

I suspect I'm missing a few options.

pppd connect 'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chatscript' -detach crtscts /dev/modem
115200 modem

Chatscript contains:
TIMEOUT 5
"" ATZ
OK "ATDT 16900845......."
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT WAITING
TIMEOUT 45
CONNECT ""
ogin:neil.....
ssword:.....

The KPPP account doesn't use any customised script entries, although lock is
set and there is the line end setting. Do I need defaultroute or similar?

Neil.

--

Neil Williams