RE: [LUG] I broke my internet !!

> Have you tried using a program like minicom to dial in and see what
> prompts the remote host is giving?
>
> I was assuming that your ISP would simply start talking PPP as soon as the
> connection was up (and use PAP or CHAP for authentication).

Yes i did and it presents me with 2 lines of info then gives me;

login:
passord:

prompts. After I log in then it starts ppp.

But it does not always read the login screen properly. Thats when I get the
wierd prompts that I attached before. Is this a problem of my machine (when
I use minicom it works) or the remote machine ? if so I need to talk to
UKLinux.net.

TIA

Neil