Re: [LUG] Red Hat vs Debian - the big fight!

Quoting Colin Ford <colin.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> It installed fine on my HP OmniBook with 32Mb. I do
> however remeber it saying something about using swap
> space as the physical memory was "very low".

I've had several releases say that to me, but I've never had one refuse to load
at all!  24mb should be plenty to do an install with, especalliy if it enables
swap!

> Microsoft pushes the sales of PC's by making bigger
> and more resource hungry OS's, maybe RedHat is
> following :-| You can see the corparate show down
> coming:

I'm don't subscribe to the "Red Hat is the next Microsoft" argument, but this
gives some good evidence to support it!

Alex.