Re: [LUG] Solaris 9 and Gnome

Alex Charrett wrote:

> Quoting Alex Charrett <alex-pcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > This may not be news to some of you, but apparantly Sun are abandoning
> > CDE in Solaris 9 in favour of Gome.
>
> Gome??? Gnome even!

Thats really not news Alex - I'll send some coffee around *8-)

I believe HP made a similar announcement a few months after SUN
did. That was news as HP won the standards battle in getting
HP-VUE^H^H^H^H^H^H CDE accepted as the standard

But some other UNIX vendors have announced they are going KDE
since then!

Although I'm not sure whether running KDE means excluding GNOME
anymore, it is all getting very involved..