Re: [LUG] Re: WinME & DualBoot

> In message <200107252034.f6PKYxX72732@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 1.mail.uk.worldonline.com>, kj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes
> >I certainly wasn't aware of this fact, so ME restores the MBR without
> >prompting the user?
> >I will certainly bear this in mind when setting up future multi boot
> >machines
> >*****Cheers for the tip*****
> Win98SE also appears to the same - just had it happen.

I've never had that before, admittably its been over 2 months since I booted into windows, but before then I used to go in every week to watch divx's (got aviplay and xine now) - nothing died on my debian/win98se install.

--
Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@xxxxxxxx

"The problem with this is that we are giving the evil aliens the [dna]
of our species. There is the chance, however unlikely, that they might Find a
weakness... and exploit it."

"They can't do that, it's illegal under the DMCA!" - /.