RE: [LUG] Samba question.........

This is a bit of an RTFM really. ;-)

The reg key you need is clearly described in the Samba documentation. They
even supply a .reg file you can simply execute on your Win98 box.

To save you the trouble this time the reg key you require is...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP\EnablePlainTe
xtPassword

You will need to create the EnablePlainTextPassword dword if it does not exist
and then set its value to 1. Then reboot the Win98 box.

Ideally you should set up the smbpasswd file and use encrypted passwords. This
is all in the Samba documentation too. You probably have this documentation on
your PC (assuming you got an rpm of samba).

I run Samba (2.2.1a) as a PDC here using encrypted passwords supplying domain
logons and services to Win98, WinNT4sp6 and Win2000sp2 boxes. Great little
program, have fun with it.

Cheers,
Charlie