Re: [LUG] BOOT DISKS

paul wrote:

I have just reinstalled windows (Tib sun still won't patch and it crashed 3
times on loading) and neet to get back into Linux in order to restore the
Lilo boot loader,  I got a boot disk which I thought would boot into Linux
but it does not,  I get the menu that u get when u boot a suse cdrom, what
do i type at the boot prompt,  i am sure that the /boot part is on my
primary slave which is /hdb1/
but whats the rest of the path.

thanks, I know this is really basic, so apologies in advance.

Paul

I'm not familiar with the suse boot loader so you may wish to wait for a better answer from someone else, but I'll try. If you have the boot command prompt try:

linux root=/dev/hdb1

linux may vary, check with what's in the menu.

HTH

Regards
Andrew