[LUG] MYSQL and PHP/PYTHON

Dear All

I am currently trying to learn Mysql - ok so its not that hard but... I
want to be able to input data through PHP and so I wrote a script and
called it index.php3. I wrote it using Quanta but I can't get it to run.
Any ideas?

Or as an alternative could I run it using Python and if so does anybody
have a template I could maybe use and adapt?

I have created a Mysql database with two fields in name and telephone
number.

I am using Mandrake 9.1.

Thanks

Rich