Re: [LUG] Cornwall County Council website

On 10 Jul 2003, Jon Lawrence wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 00:12, Tony Atkin wrote:
> > .  Which would raise the question -
> > would it be against the law for public bodies to provide web pages which
> > are accessible but only through the use of a particular vendor's
> > solutions?

> Not against the law per se, but I'm pretty sure it breaks the e-gov
> guidelines. When I dig out the link to the guidelines, I'll post it it
> makes interesting reading. IIRC it even goes as far as saying what tags
> you should and shouldn't use.

I just had another look at the website today to see if they fixed it and
the server that hosts the form isn't even responding. Its great to see
that our taxes (I have paid more than enough council tax while I lived in
cornwall) are being spent so well and cornwall is leading from behind in
IT again.

A.