Re: [LUG] Setting up Fetchmail

Peter

I think the fetchmail MAN pages say that .fetchmailrc should be in /root
though you are able to specify the the .fetchmailrc location and filename
on the command line

You can manually start fetchmail by running it from the command line and
you can also do this to start it in daemon mode - ie. it starts and runs
in the background downloading mail at set intervals. It's possible to go
one step further and start running it in daemon mode (in the background
ie. without a console) when the machine boots.

The way I do it is to not use daemon mode and set cron to run it at set
intervals.

If you need specific examples, let me know and I'll dig out my settings
for you....

It's also quite handy to specify a logfile name (I think that goes in the
.fetchmailrc file too) so you can check everything is working OK.

Mart