RE: [LUG] Tom Dick and Harry - a big secret?

On 21-Jun-2001 at 08:39:27 Pete Hatton wrote:
> I know in the Great Escape, there was a need for great secrecy, but
> an encrypted message to the LUG list that I can't read? :-) (Neil
> Stone I'm talking about the message you send about 1am!)

'1am' may explain why...lack of caffeine...lack of sleep, etc, etc :-)
Encrypted though? I just opened it up as a text/plain message and could read
most of it. The headers were mangled/missing.

> As of a matter of interest who uses PGP or anything similar for
> sending emails?

Now you've lost me, a pgp signed message from yourself and you're asking who
sends pgp mail? Or do you mean who actaully sends a pgp *encrypted* message?
If the later then I do, but usually only for specific purposes when dealing
with Uni business and when I want to make sure that the recipient knows who
I am and that the message is what I actually sent - heck, that's what pgp's
for isn't it? :-) Other than that though, no I don't usually encrypt mail
nor do I usually sign it...what I say isn't that important :-)

John.