[LUG] CD Writing Newbie Hassles

Hi folks,

I am running SuSE 7.1 and am trying to be able to write cds.  I have x-cd
roast installed and working fine.  I have a dvd and a cdrw (hdc and hdd
respectively) and am trying to find away to burn cd's.  Having followed the
how-to, my lilo is now appended with

hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi

the neccessary changes are made in boot.local.
The next stage in the how to says to use:

ln -sf /dev/scd0 /cdrecorder

which is fine but because i want xcdroast to be able to copy from cd to cd
so i tried (naively) as well

ln -sf /dev/scd0 /cdrom

I can now burn cd's fine but mounting either drive only looks at the cdrw
drive.  How can I undo the symbolic links amd what should i use instead?

e.g.should it be?

ln -sf /dev/scd0 /cdrecorder
ln -sf /dev/scd1 /cdrom
ln -sf /dev/scd1 /dvd

would this work?

Many thanks for any help you might have!

Chris Gale